
Now that we have a venue and photographer, many of the next planning steps are on hold until we make a decision on our colors. I, of course, want a red wedding, but Jonny is pretty opposed to red being the dominate color mainly because his sister had a predominately red wedding. He suggested we have a blue wedding. Being the compromising couple that we are, we were thinking of having navy blue and red as our wedding colors. My main fear is we are are going to have a very star spangled banner wedding. We're thinking navy as the dominate color and red as a accent, for example, navy blue dresses and linens with red flowers. But is that still to much? And what color would the invitations be? White with blue and red designs?
What do you think? Are you going to be fighting the urge to sing the Star Spangled Banner all night long?
Another option is to trade navy for Peacock. Its a little greener and little less flag-ish. The only problem is its less common then navy so it's going to be a little harder to match up.
So what do you think? Navy? Peacock? Or maybe something completely different?
I know you'll do a true red, not maroon, but I the colors make me think of Baldwin before Old Glory. Well, until I see the swatches on white backing. Are you planning to have any whit other than your dress? If not, I think red and navy looks pretty regal, refined, and red and peacock festive and jewel toned. I like the idea of the colors being 50/50, maybe with some gold trim :) Fun!!
ReplyDeletehow about you be extra compromising and do red+blue = purple!
ReplyDeletemaybe we should consult ms?
http://www.marthastewart.com/857769/top-10-wedding-dilemmas-solved
I like the navy linens with the pop of red flowers!
ReplyDelete