Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trick or Treat?

 So I've decided that attending a wedding expo is quiet similar to trick-or-treating. You get a bag and go booth to booth collecting stuff.  And after you've visited all the booths, you take your loot home and sort through all your goodies.  Unfortunately, this loot was far from edible.  But we did get some good info on linens and a few day-of coordinators.  Being that this was our 3rd wedding/bridal expo, I felt somewhat like a pro. I had my pre-printed info stickers on hand, my list of questions ready to go and knew which booths to breeze by and which drawings to enter.  Overall it was a good experience, but I do think I'm all wedding expo-ed out.

While I didn't get my sweet fix at the expo, I hope to get more than my share tomorrow during our first wedding cake consultation at Cake Creations.  We first met this vendor when we attended the Wedding Cafe's Cake and Catering Workshop.  Cake Creation made the cutest sushi cake, fondant wrapped rolls of cake with cream filling cut into sushi slices.  The "sushi" was adorable and delicious. And not only did Cake Creations have super tasty cake and fondant (Yes, like flat marshmallows), but they also offered a super deal: 25% off for anyone that attended the workshop and order their cake before the end of November. SCORE!  So that's what's next on the list. 

While you wait for my next post, you can kill sometime looking through my latest est obsession: http://weddinggawker.com/  Its like TasteSpotting, but for weddings and they even have an iphone app!

4 comments:

  1. cake sushi?? can you please have cake sushi at your wedding? and maybe a chocolate fountain to dip said cake sushi? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi cakes sound so cute! Can they do a cake that looks like ramen or SPAM MUSUBI?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well?! 13 days later.. Have you hired acake baker?! I'll go look at WeddingGawker now while I wait for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarice, NO chocolate fountains. I'm tramatized after seeing a little kid stick his whole had in a chocolate fountain, lick it clean, and then stick it back in.

    Emily, I have seen a ramen wedding cake (http://cakelava.blogspot.com/2011/06/ramen-bowl-and-couple-of-miis.html) but we're leaning towards a more common wedding cake, well sort of.

    Jodi, No baker yet since these people are the easiest to get in touch with, but we have someone in the lead.

    ReplyDelete